Mar 18 , 2021
1. When it comes to tailor made suit Styles, one of the most important things to know and learn about is your Lapels. Know the different styles – Peak, Notch, Shawl – know what you like, what works for the suit your purchasing, and how they align with the collar style your shirt has and the size/width of your tie.
2. As a rule of thumb, you can never go wrong with a Single-Breasted Two Button Notch Lapel Suit. For Double-Breasted Suits, opt for the Peak Lapel.
3. Request a Top-Stitch – Our newest Complimentary Feature that allows you to feel like a million bucks with a Saville Row Swag!
4. The Tie. You can never go wrong with Tie Colors, so Show-Off your favorite color. It is also a good idea to have the basic, Black, Grey, Red, Blue in stock!
5. The Width of your Tie, and the Width of your Suit Lapels, should be Proportionate
6. Your Tie should hang right at the belt line. Not above it or below it. You are able to customize and order ties here!
7. Get Your Custom-Tie (Monogrammed and Trimmed)!
8. The Pant Problem: Buying off-the-rack Pants may leave you short-changed – literally, as some pants may fit your waist but are too short in length or vice versa; too long requiring hemming. A decent pair of tailored pants, that covers your socks while seated is a must for any respectable gent – even if paired casually with a Polo T-Shirt or Dress Shirt.With our Custom-Pants Designer you are able to get your Pants Made-To-Measure!
9. Patterned Suits. offers you the largest collection of fabrics online, which includes some of the most varied range of Patterned or Striped fabric ranges. Patterned Suits are great for semi-formal occasions, and look distinguished when designed as a double-breasted piece. Pair the Double Breasted Jacket, with a solid color Pants to complete the laissez-faire look!
10. Double Breasted Suit Styles can get tricky, but you want to always remember two things; never wear the jacket unbuttoned, and when you’re wearing a 6 button (2 functional button) jacket, only button the top functional button.
11. Know whether your jacket is a No vent, Single vent or Double vent, know what you prefer and know why. No Vent and Single Vent will have maintain the shape of the jacket, at the expense of mobility – it is recommended for Thinner torsos. Double Vents on the other hand allows for increased mobility, and recommended for Big and Tall individuals.
12. Golden Rule: Always unbutton your suit when seated
13. Your Shirt Cuffs should always show about 1/4 to 1/2 past the length of your jacket cuff.
14. The Modern Suit is acceptably worn as an open-collar. Therefore, when wearing a Suit without a Tie, the shirt-collar must be on point! Tailor shirts offers you unlimited designing options when it comes to shirt collars and contrasts – with complimentary collar slots for collar stays even. We recommend our signature Italian Collar as the smartest collar style to be worn as an open-collar attire sans tie